Click on the link below to download a map showing the parks, trails, and watercraft amenities located in the city of Greenwood. Everyone is invited to enjoy these amenities ...
Location: Covington Road between Meadville Street and Fairview Street
Amenities: Tennis Court, Basketball Court, Swings, Playground Equipment, and Picnic Tables
Shuman Woods Park
Location: Abuts St. Alban's Bay Road and Weeks Road
Amenities: Currently this park is a heavily wooded "green space."
Three Rivers Park District LRT Trail
Location: This regional trail is constructed of hard-packed Class 5 gravel and extends through Greenwood along the western edge of the city.
The LRT Trail provides a connection with Excelsior and beyond to the south and with Deephaven and beyond to the north. The trail features breathtaking views of Lake Minnetonka. The overlook area by the Lyman Lodge neighborhood includes a bench where you can enjoy one of the best views of Big Island.
Location: This asphalt city trails follow along Minnetonka Blvd in the west part of the city and along Excelsior Blvd in the south part of the city.
The Minnetonka Blvd trail begins in the Lyman Lodge area and connects with Excelsior trail system. The Excelsior Blvd trail provides a connection with the Shorewood trail system to the east and the Excelsior trail system to the west.
Meadville Boat Launch, Sailboat Slips & Canoe Rack
Location: Meadville Street just south of the Fairview Street intersection.
- 2 boat launch permit stickers are included in the city’s 2nd quarter newsletter mailing to each household.
- To use the Meadville boat launch,
- 1 permit sticker must be displayed on the bottom left of your trunk window.
- Non-residents may purchase a boat launch sticker for $50.
- Giving or selling stickers to non-residents is prohibited.
- Yes, police will enforce the requirement to display a sticker when using the boat launch.
- There is no trailer parking in the area.
- The depth of the water at the launch site is suitable for fishing boats and other small watercraft.
- The launch also is host to the city’s sailboat slips and canoe rack.
- Watercraft space applications are available at city hall or by clicking on this link.
St. Alban’s Bay City Docks
Location: On a stub road off of Greenwood Circle
This site hosts 26 slips for boats. To get on the waiting list, complete a watercraft space waiting list application at city hall or by clicking on this link. Priority goes to off-shore residents. Parking is available on the south loop of Greenwood Circle.